Re: Apps don't load in GWorkspace

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Apps don't load in GWorkspace
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 15:28:56 +0200

On 24/05/2020 19:28, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

I agree with you. It should not happen to have two instances of the same application running. Any application in GNUstep should exist only once running and this is the same for GWorkspace if you launch it.

I will try gopen -a GWorkspace on some of my slower machines and will update and test on my Raspberry too... should have tested it anyway.

I think the "lock" and guarantee should come from GNUstep itself, so in case it is GS's bug more than GWorkspace's.

I verified. Even on a clean and trusted installation on Linux/x86 done by me, "gopen -a GWorkspace" consistently opens two applications. Sometimes they work both, sometimes one hangs.

I think this is an issue. Richard suggests that GWorkspace should to the checks itself. How, I don't know yet

Riccardo