#ilovefs - Thank you

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: #ilovefs - Thank you
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:51:25 +0100

Hello everyone,

in my time zone Valentine’s day has already passed, but as I did not have time do it yesterday I’d like to pick up the campaign of the FSFE[1] today and use this day to thank you.

Thank you for your long and lasting commitment into developing GNUstep and providing this great API for the free world! I really liked to get into it and enjoyed writing with several people to understand how GNUstep works, fix some issues and make some pieces of software work.

I want to thank Bertrand Dekoninck, Riccardo Mottola, Patryk Laurent, Andreas Fink, Yavor Doganov, H. Nikolaus Schaller and David Chisnall for answering my questions, providing helpful hints and script and beautiful graphics to make my GNUstep environment work.

I’d like to especially thank Fred Kiefer who put an enormous amount of time and efforts to explain things to me, improve GNUstep-gui and thus make my first attempts to port a Cocoa app to GNUstep quite successful, which I’m very happy about.

So, thank you everyone. Keep up the good work!

#ilovefs 💖

Best
Johannes

[1] https://fsfe.org/campaigns/ilovefs/