Re: ProjectCenter running or building

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter running or building
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 08:29:03 +0100

Hi Patryk,

On 31 Jan 2020, at 6:44, Patryk Laurent wrote:

Manually looking for LogPanel.nib, I don’t see it anywhere on my system.

I do see LogPanel.gorm, however.

Could the problem just be that the .nib file isn’t being created anymore for some reason?

What code/makefile creates the .nib?

gorm files are preferred by GNUstep given the same name as the corresponding nib file. This is ok.

I tried to track this down a little for GWorkspace. The InspectorWin nibs/gorm files are located within the Inspector.framework. The framework is loaded, but when it comes to loading the nib files, the name/path of the bundle is set to the values of the main bundle not those of the framework. Due to the wrong path nib loading failes.

I’ve not yet come to the point to figure out why the bundle path might be set incorrect.

This is the point where I’m currently stuck:

Breakpoint 1, +[NSBundle(NSBundleAdditions) loadNibNamed:owner:] (
    self=0x7ffff79b4700 <._OBJC_CLASS_NSBundle>,
    _cmd=0x7ffff7f4be10 <.objc_selector_loadNibNamed:owner:_C320:81624>,
    aNibName=0x7ffff7f4d740 <.objc_str_InspectorWin>, owner=0x3f18cf8)
    at NSBundleAdditions.m:65
65      if (owner == nil || aNibName == nil)
(gdb) po owner
<Inspector: 0x3f18cf8>
(gdb) po aNibName
InspectorWin
(gdb) s
69      table = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObject: owner forKey: NSNibOwner];
(gdb) s
83      bundle = [self bundleForClass: [owner class]];
(gdb) s
84      if (bundle != nil && [bundle loadNibFile: aNibName
(gdb) s
86                      withZone: [owner zone]] == YES)
(gdb) po bundle
<NSBundle: 0x92daa8> </usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications/GWorkspace.app>

That last value is wrong, afaik.

I’ve currently got problems debugging + (NSBundle *) bundleForClass: (Class)aClass using gdb because this method gets called too often. I’ll try to insert logging of some debugging output and recompile maybe.

Thanks for helping here - maybe anyone has a good idea regarding the cause of the issue?
Johannes