Re: Wayland backend update

From: Ladislav Michl
Subject: Re: Wayland backend update
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 09:53:55 +0100

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 09:39:57PM +0000, Ivan Vučica wrote:
> ...and now actually attaching the patches before the Debian pastes expire.

Hmm, sending all the patches inline as a patch serie with nice cover letter
was a matter of single patman invocation and it was not done on the purpose.
Debian paste have 90 days expiration and that should be enough for patches
to land in some git repo. I'll create github fork myself in the worst case :)

> uto, 7. sij 2020. u 21:38 Ivan Vučica <ivan@vucica.net> napisao je:
>
> > FYI this ended up in spam for me. Not sure why.
> >
> > This is super exciting! Looking forward to taking some time to merge this.
> >
> > I've attached the patches for archival purposes, and will take a look at
> > updating the forked tree. We will definitely want the copyright assignment
> > to FSF; Sergio mentioned he did the assignment in an email dated 2016-12-04.

I started copyright assignment process and will notify you once done. Meanwhile
we can probably prepare merge, but I'm unsure how to proceed. My suggestion
is to squash patches into single one (once polished as it still have issues)
as I see no point to merge nonfunctional change and fix it with incremental
patches. I hope it is sane way as Sergio is the principal author and the rest
is just simple polishment.

Sergio could comment on this:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnustep-dev/2018-02/msg00006.html
(Hmm, now I realize this discussion should probably happen on gnustep-dev
list)