Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?

From: Jordan Schidlowsky
Subject: Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 09:35:45 -0600

On Nov 22, 2019, at 2:08 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com> wrote:

I find it incredibly hard to understand why someone would actively choose to have to spend more time thinking about memory management so that they can end up with larger binaries that run more slowly.

Because it is less time typing release or autorelease at the right plcae, than finding out how to install new toolchains which have unexpected dependencies like search paths and choosing between multiple runtime libs...

I think this answer speaks volumes.  It's not a language thing, it's a tooling one...  Which is even more reason to focus on one toolchain to keep things simple and organized.  And the fact that Clang is a cross-compiler by default is a huge win IMHO.