Rép : GWorkspace and new ABI

From: Bertrand Dekoninck
Subject: Rép : GWorkspace and new ABI
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 15:25:12 +0200

Le 23 oct. 2019 à 14:40, Johannes Brakensiek <johannes@brakensiek.info> a écrit :

Hey Riccardo, hey Bertrand,

Am 18.10.19 um 14:23 schrieb Riccardo Mottola:
if there is a place where the options are not passwd down in
GWorkspace please let me know.
Some time ago, I reviewed all make and configure files so that it
happens, but maybe I missed some.

as I now figured out GWorkspace will work when you modify GNUmakefile.in
of PDFKit the following way:

Set libfreetype:

LIB_FREETYPE_LDFLAGS := $(shell pkg-config --libs freetype2)
LIB_FREETYPE_CFLAGS := $(shell pkg-config --cflags freetype2)

And with clang make use ld.gold and link against libobjc:

ifeq ($(findstring clang, $(LD)), clang)
ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS += -lstdc++ -lobjc -fuse-ld=/usr/bin/ld.gold
endif

Change it, reconfigure, build, install and GWorkspace should run.

Great job !
Did you notice any error with other programs in Buster and the new runtime ? I’ve got one in GNUMail with the 1.8 runtime : the toolbar at the top of the viewer is incomplete : it misses the upper half of the bar. If there isn’t any with you, I could switch to 2.0.

Even though GWorkspace starts I thought it would use PDFKit to generate
previews of PDF files within the file viewer. But maybe I was mislead
there? :)

That feature is yet to be implemented. For now, you can preview the content of PDF files in the inspector.
Bertrand
Début du message réexpédié :