Re: Categories not loaded from static library

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Categories not loaded from static library
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 11:29:04 +0100

Have you trued using --whole-archive?

David

On 07/08/2019 11:18, Frederik Seiffert wrote:
Hi all,

We have ObjC categories that are built into a static library, but these
categories do not get linked into the final executable.

We tried the following linker options without any success:

-fuse-ld=gold -Wl,-force_load,<path to static library>
-fuse-ld=gold -ObjC

If we define a C function in the same category and reference that, then the
categories are included.

Does anyone know if there are any linker flags we can use to fix this? This is
using the Android toolchain.

Thanks,
Frederik