Re: Emacs.app

From: Bertrand Dekoninck
Subject: Re: Emacs.app
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 21:52:36 +0200

Le 21 juin 2019 à 19:42, Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> a écrit :

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 08:53 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
Hi,

Bertrand Dekoninck wrote:
> After testing it  a little, Emacs.app is painful slow at scrolling
> text, much slower than the gtk version.

true, there must be some quirk in Emacs.
To be honest, scorlling is not very fast on Mac with Emacs either, one
notices on a not-too-new Mac.

Instead, GNUstep is usually quite good at scrolling, for example
scolling colorized code in ProjectCenter is very quick for me.

Riccardo

Which backend are you using?

GC

Cairo.
I already noticed that’s NextSpace terminal is a lot faster than gap’s one, and NextSpace use art.
I may try art but I’m not sure it would deal correctly with transparency in my themes.