Re: Porting to 64Bit -descriptionForInstanceMethod:

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Porting to 64Bit -descriptionForInstanceMethod:
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 15:22:25 +0100

On 18 Jun 2019, at 13:47, Andreas Höschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
>> - descriptionForInstanceMethod: is gone.  Don't use it, use the runtime
>> functions instead.
>
> Thanks for the hint.
>
> Where would I find a list (the declaration) of these runtime functions on
> MacOSX and GNUstep? Are they even identically named? I guess no!?

Here is the top hit for a DDG search for ‘Objective-C Runtime’:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/objectivec/objective-c_runtime?language=objc

It provides you with the Objective-C Runtime API Reference.  The GNUstep
runtime also implements this interface and is source compatible (it also
implements some non-portable functions, which I would suggest that you avoid).
You can find these all in objc/runtime.h.

The method that you are probably looking for is protocol_getMethodDescription.

David