enhancement in talksoup.app: auto-reconnect

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: enhancement in talksoup.app: auto-reconnect
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 21:38:01 +1000

Hi all

I am not sure this is the correct list to contact. If not, please let me know, and I'll move the message somewhere else.

In TalkSoup I would like it to automatically re-connect after a connection is lost.

I have found the 'Disconnected' message is shown by the code in 'Output/GNUstepOutput/Controllers/ConnectionController/ConnectionControllerInFilter.m'. In this file I would like to add a line that re-connects every time the connection is lost. I would like to find out what this line is. I've attempted to search for 'connect' using grep but this is too many matches...

I've found
[self connectToServer:tmp onPort: port];

But I am not sure how to get the server and the port from somewhere
There is aServer and aPort, how are they declared?

Then I've tried 'debugapp TalkSoup' and add breakpoint in lostConnection function in the above mentioned file
b lostConnection
b ./Output/GNUstepOutput/Controllers/ConnectionController/ConnectionControllerInFilter.m
...but it says 'Function ...  not defined' where ... is the argument which I supplied to it.

-- Svetlana