Re: FreeBSD ports for GDL2 and GSWeb

From: Edwin Ancaer
Subject: Re: FreeBSD ports for GDL2 and GSWeb
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 13:07:56 +0200

Hello,

the linker problem is solved as was described by David. But as my knowledge of FreeBSD / Unix is limited, every new problem is taking lots of time to investigate.

The one haunting me now is the fact that I have to run the poudriere command  to test my port for renaissance as root  and that for root, the GNUStep environment is not defined.

The GNUmakefile of libs-renaissance contains a test on the existence of a variable named GNUSTEP-MAKEFILES:

ifeq
($(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES),
GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES := $(shell gnustep-config --variable=GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES 2>/dev/null)
ifeq ($(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES),)
$(warning )
$(warning Unable to obtain GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES setting from gnustep-config!)
$(warning Perhaps gnustep-make is not properly installed,)
$(warning so gnustep-config is not in your PATH.)
$(warning )
$(warning Your PATH is currently $(PATH))
$(warning )
endif
endif
ifeq ($(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES),)
$(error You need to set GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES before compiling!)

I get the message  You need to set GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES before compiling!)

This variable is not defined for the root user. I installed sudo, because I have used sudo -E in the past to solve problems like this (or so I think), but it didn't help

If anyone has a solution  ready, or  pointer in the right direction...

Thanks already ,

Edwin Ancaer