Re: FreeBSD ports for GDL2 and GSWeb

From: Edwin Ancaer
Subject: Re: FreeBSD ports for GDL2 and GSWeb
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 18:42:18 +0200

Hello David,

thanks again for helping.  I changed GH_TAGNAME from gdl2-0_12_0 to d5f0d94, what I thought were the first 7 characters from the commit hash, but apparently I'm wrong, because I got an error:

root@ottopedi:/usr/local/poudriere/ports/head/databases/gdl2 # make makesum
=> gnustep-libs-gdl2--d5f0d94_GH0.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/local/poudriere/ports/head/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch https://codeload.github.com/gnustep/libs-gdl2/tar.gz/d5f0d94?dummy=/gnustep-libs-gdl2--d5f0d94_GH0.tar.gz
fetch: https://codeload.github.com/gnustep/libs-gdl2/tar.gz/d5f0d94?dummy=/gnustep-libs-gdl2--d5f0d94_GH0.tar.gz: size of remote file is not known
gnustep-libs-gdl2--d5f0d94_GH0.tar.gz                 1811 kB  527 kBps    03s

Problem is that I do not know how to consult the files that are in codeload.github.com, so I cannot look there how to fill the parameters in the Makefile. There seems to be an api, so I'Ve got some  research ahead, apparently.

Thanks,

Op wo 22 mei 2019 om 10:37 schreef David Chisnall <theraven@theravensnest.org>:
On 21/05/2019 20:32, Fred Kiefer wrote:
> That would be 2009, ten years ago, yes this could fit to the errors you are getting. In part this is our problem as no release was done in the time in between. Still could you please switch to the master branch  and only report issues for that branch?

If you update the GH_TAGNAME to the hash of the commit (truncated to 7
characters) at the tip of the master branch, the port will build that
instead.

David