Re: FreeBSD ports for GDL2 and GSWeb

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: FreeBSD ports for GDL2 and GSWeb
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 10:15:21 +0100

I don’t think they’re there, but I’m happy to commit a port if you want to
maintain one.  Last time I tried it (admittedly, around 15 years ago), it
worked out of the box on FreeBSD, so it should just be a few lines of Makefile
and a pkg-descr / pkg-plist.

That said, there’s something broken with the FreeBSD GNUstep ports at the
moment that I haven’t had a chance to track down.  It looks as if something
recent (change to the compiler maybe?) has caused -gui to build with the old
ABI, but everything else to build with the new ABI, causing run-time linker
errors.  I hope to have time to debug this today or later in the week.

David