Re: Linker error while trying to use arc

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Linker error while trying to use arc
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 13:06:36 +0100

On Wed 1 May 2019 at 09:03, David Chisnall <gnustep@theravensnest.org> wrote:
On 30/04/2019 18:12, Ivan Vučica wrote:
> I don't think you installed libobjc2. Its .so is called libobjc2.so*.

This is not true.  It is intended to be a drop-in replacement for the
old gcc runtime, so uses the same name for the binary.

Oops. Apologies for handing out wrong advice. In my defense, there’s nonzero amount of google results for “libobjc2.so” :)

Given it’s (to my knowledge) not compatible with GCD runtime, and thus not actually a drop in replacement, was that a good idea?

I think incompatibility is why I always assumed it’s not named libobjc.so.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile