Re: Trouble building base with clang

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Trouble building base with clang
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 18:18:40 +0200

Hi,

Wolfgang Lux wrote:
./configure CC=clang CXX=clang++ LD=gcc
make CC=clang CXX=clang++ LD=gcc messages=yes
I'm not sure if it's related to the build failure, but why are you asking for
gcc as linker here? If you are using clang for builds, it would look more sane
to me to use LD=clang.

actually, my favourite is issuing CC CXX to "make", which will then set gnustep-config correctly. All GNUstep projects which are well behaved should pick teh default compiler up, so you don't need to say "clang" to any other project.

I fixed all packages I work with to honor these env. variables. If you have issues, please report them.

Riccardo