Re: does method invocation involve a lock?

From: Andreas Fink
Subject: Re: does method invocation involve a lock?
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 16:57:05 +0200

If I remember correctly, methods are not locked. They can run in parallel
multiple times in multiple threads.
The exception are properties with the atomic attribute where the compiler
synthesizes the getter/setter and thus makes sure that a getter and setter dont
conflict with each other

        @property(atomic)

does this (which is default if I'm not mistaken). But that doesn't apply to
methods.