Re: crashes on gmail all folder

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: crashes on gmail all folder
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 22:19:38 +0200

Hi Rachel,

Rachel Phillips wrote:
I was using for 1 week , without issues. Then 3 days ago or so, when i click
all, gnumail closes. i even removed gmail account and re-added, and no change.
i'm using imap.

I never used GNUmail with gmail, but more than somebody reported me issues, gmail being somehow strange, also with other MUAs.

Since you use IMAP a suggestion is to remove your cache files - it is not necessary to remove and re-add the account. For IMAP the caches will be regenerated automatically.
What version are you using? 1.3.0 release? maybe some details help...
do you have really many emails?

does the console print out something before crashing, error logs? are you able to run it in a debugger? A stacktrace could help.

Riccardo