Re: Crash on app start due to icon

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Crash on app start due to icon
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 23:49:55 +0200

Thank you for finally providing more of the environment conditions.

> Am 04.08.2018 um 22:51 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>:
>
> On 08/03/18 19:01, Fred Kiefer wrote:
>> Does this mean you only tested on clang systems? It could be a clang bug,
>> which version of clang areHi, you using?
>
> No, I tested it on Linux (Ubuntu, Gentoo), NetBSD, Solaris and FreeBSD.
> FreeBSD has Clang and there it works.
> What I meant, is that it has base  configured with the "next-gen" runtime and
> not gnu runtime, because libobjc2 has a bug and does not work. I cannot test
> gcc on FreeBSD for that reason. Sorry for being unclear.

I still don’t understand this sentence. The important bit is what is used on
the broken systems? libobjc2 or the GNU libobjc that comes with gcc? And if you
use libobjc2 how has that been compiled?
And on the same line, which version of GNUstep make are you using? There used
to be some incompatible situation between that and libobjc2.

> Currently it looks for me this way:
> - gcc optimized (standard configure) crash
> - gcc debug non optimized, works
> - clang works
>
> however, Gregory tested with gcc and works for him.

In one of the next mails you also added that this breaks only when used with
WindowMake. If you now could also provide the version of gcc you are using,
then we would almost have a full picture :-)

As mostly you did not try to run your program with valgrind. I know that you
have been able to do so in the past, what is it that stops you from using the
valuable tool?