Re: Linux/Clang/Libobjc2 failure part 2 (ng)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Linux/Clang/Libobjc2 failure part 2 (ng)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 22:28:17 +0200

Hi David!

thanks for replying.

On 24/06/2018 11:17, David Chisnall wrote:
This might be the issue with the Linux run-time linker’s failure to merge the
ivar guess variables.  Can you try with this patch?

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2017-12/msg00129.html

This isn’t needed with the v2 ABI, but I need help fixing the issues with
GNUstep’s NSString implementation before I can recommend enabling that for
GNUstep, because the new NSConstantString representation exposes a lot of bugs
in -base’s unicode string handling.

The patch doesn't apply clean anymore, the code looks changed enough!

there is no objc_test_class_flag(class, objc_class_flag_new_abi) anymore? Where should I call objc_test_class_flag(class, objc_class_flag_new_abi)) now? please check and perhaps update the patch to your changes, so I can test it.

Riccardo