Re: Accessing array members without the use of objectAtIndex

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Accessing array members without the use of objectAtIndex
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 23:12:40 +0200

Hi,

On 2018-04-14 01:03:36 +0200 tyler mclean <sonarsoundapplications@gmail.com> wrote:

while this particular example does not create much bloat, repeated
need to access members can make code substantially larger than that of
it's counterpart on Apple's end. If so, what do I need to do to start
using this feature. Else if not, is there a plan to add this in the
(hopefully near) future?

the "bloat" is only in your source code, not in the generated code.
Is it worth the deal?
You actually make the reader/programmer harder to understand when you are realling use a a C array with some smart pointer arithmetic and when you are using an NSArray/NSMutableArray. I vastly personaly vastly prefer the clear distinction: the same goes for struct access vs. properties. Matter of personal taste of course, but especially in sometimes low-level code where C and Obj-C are mixed, the distinction increases readability.

my two cents.

Riccardo