Re: GNUstep and valgrind

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep and valgrind
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 11:23:10 +0100

> Am 18.03.2018 um 00:56 schrieb amon <amon@vnl.com>:
>
> Calling internal, non-API methods is probably not a good solution
> for me. I am going to put it in the back of my mind to percolate
> awhile, but perhaps you could subclass and expand the API
> somehow. At worst you use the internal methods in the subclass
> only so that it does not spread; at best you find a way to do
> it yourself.
>
> I have not really thought about it yet, just tossing out my
> thoughts.

Do you really think that the NSHost objects are causing serious trouble to your
application? How many different hosts is your application accessing? If you are
really worried about those, just store them in global variables and reuse them.
But is this class really the biggest problem? Did you use the per class
statistics to see, for which kind of objects the amount increases over the live
time?