Re: GNUMail: local mail box listed twice

From: Bertrand Dekoninck
Subject: Re: GNUMail: local mail box listed twice
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 18:34:31 +0100

Hi,

On 2017-11-14 11:35:00 +0100 Svetlana Tkachenko <svetlana@members.fsf.org> wrote:

GNUMail 1.2.3 on Debian buster shows strange list of boxes on startup:
- Local
-- Svetlana
- Local
-- Svetlana

Then it connects to IMAP and finds out that it should be
- Local
-- Inbox
-- .. (etc other folders)
- Svetlana
-- Inbox
-- .. (etc other folders)

Then I disable the online Svetlana account
The tree shows this
- Local
-- Inbox
-- .. (etc other folders)
- Local (no subfolders present here)
It shouldn't show the '-Local' item twice this time. I tried to rename
the second one but it said no.

It seems to remind me the same kind of bug two monthes ago, where my Local mailbox was listed twice.

I managed to get rid of that by creating a mail folder in that mailbox (the "Create" button). At next startup, i was listed once only and I could remove the added folder (using the context menu) without any more trouble.

P.S. I'm not really seeing /what/ gnumail uses for its local mail box,
and I don't know where to find this info - would like to set up
fetchmail to get my messages there...

The Local mails are stored in ~/Mailboxes
 and the other accounts are in ~/GNUstep/Library/GNUMail
Does it answer you question?

Bertrand Dekoninck