Re: NSDateFormatter SetDateStyle / setTimeStyle not working

From: Edwin Ancaer
Subject: Re: NSDateFormatter SetDateStyle / setTimeStyle not working
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 16:38:12 +0200

Hello,

I return from holidays that have been haunted by this problem :-).

I asked about libicudata.so on the freebsd list. The answer was " devel/icu is built --with-data-packaging=archive which means the data ends up in icudt* file e.g.,

$ pkg info -l icu | fgrep icudt | xargs du -Ah
 25M    /usr/local/share/icu/58.2/
icudt58l.dat"

We compared the necessary ICU libraries and they all are present at my side, with more or less equal sizes.

In the config.log file for gnustep base, I found:
HAVE_GNUTLS='1'
HAVE_ICU='1'
HAVE_INET_NTOP='yes'
HAVE_INET_PTON='yes'
HAVE_LIBDISPATCH='1'
HAVE_LIBXML='1'
HAVE_LIBXSLT='1'
HAVE_MDNS='0'
HAVE_OBJC_SYNC_ENTER='yes'

This seems to indicate ICU is used. Just to be sure, I added

#if GS_USE_ICU == 1
      NSLog(@" GS USE ICU == 1");
#endif

to my program, and effectively, the display appeared:

2017-09-14 11:04:41.625 TM1[79500:100088]  GS USE ICU == 1

I tried debugging, but from a recent conversation on this list, it seems I need a port gdb80, that is not present in my FreeBSD 11.0 ports directory  (have got gdb and gdb66).

I must be missing something obvious, but for now, I'm rather stuck. Problems like this make one feel utterly stupid.

Would you have any suggestions left?

(I already reinstalled the icu and gnustep base ports, no errors detected, no change in the result).

Kind regards,

Edwin.