Re: Newbie needs help

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Newbie needs help
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 20:26:18 +0000

That is one possibility for development of iOS apps on windows.  I hadn't thought of that.  I've never set this up so I have no idea how to advise rob on how to do this.

GC

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 04:58 David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
On 5 Sep 2017, at 01:11, Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Thanks, looking to test my first iPhone app soon!
>

> I feel compelled to point out. GNUstep doesn't currently have an idea hone compatibility later that works.  We also don't have a means of deploying to the phone.
>
> Your best bet at this moment for development of iOS apps is to get a cheap/Used mac and use that.  I would love to have a working iOS/UIKit implementation on GNUstep, but it will be some time before we do.

Note that Microsoft’s WinObjC, which uses the GNUstep Objective-C runtime, does include a partial UIKit implementation, though their focus has shifted recently to using Windows GUI elements natively and allowing frameworks to be ported from iOS to Windows.

David

--
Gregory Casamento
http://ind.ie/phoenix/