Re: HiDPI in Terminal.app

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: HiDPI in Terminal.app
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:37:36 +0200

Hi Fred,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Thank you for your patch. I am sure it works but it does not address the
underlying issue. The real problem is that DPSshow ignores the current
transformation of the window and sets a mirrored identity matrix as the
transformation. This works well in some cases but is clearly wrong. We should
move ll application code away from this out dated interface. And I will have to
find a way to fix the behaviour, while keeping at least some of the differences
that DPSshow has to the regular text display code, e.g. not respecting any
rotations.

do you mean that DPSShow() is broken and you might fix it, but in long run we should rewrite TerminalView (and many other applications) not to youse DP functions?

Sounds a challenge for us, I'll seek your help.
Maybe the best would be to make a minor release of Terminal before doing such a major change.

Riccardo