Re: wiki upgrade

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: wiki upgrade
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 18:41:39 +0100

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
> On 11/06/2017 19:21, Ivan Vučica wrote:
>>
>> Is mediawiki markup language somehow more convenient than markdown?
>>

> I think as the mediawiki languae as some sort of well known standard, known
> to many people especially non-developers.

That may have been the case even just ~5yr ago, but that is
increasingly not the case. Getting acquainted with Markdown does not
take a long time. MediaWiki is a burden every time I have to edit
something.

Even taking non-developers into account, StackExchange sites (such as
https://bicycles.stackexchange.com/) use Markdown.

Besides: non-developers will not care a lot if you throw markdown or
mediawiki at them.