Re: GDL2: prototypes and EOAttribute.m

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: GDL2: prototypes and EOAttribute.m
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 16:48:26 -0700

Originally START_SET/END_SET merely did some exception handling,

#define START_SET(supported) if ((supported)) { NS_DURING
#define END_SET(desc , args...) NS_HANDLER \
           fprintf(stderr, "EXCEPTION: %s %s %s\n", \
                   [[localException name] cString], \
                   [[localException reason] cString], \
                   [[[localException userInfo] description] cString]); \
           unresolved (desc , ## args); \
           NS_ENDHANDLER } \
           else unsupported (desc , ## args)

Current versions of these macros declare local variables:
#define START_SET(setName) \ { \
NS_DURING \
 NSAutoreleasePool *_setPool = [NSAutoreleasePool new]; \

#define END_SET(setName) \
} \
[_setPool release]; \

This is at least my guess as to which variable is the deallocated instance,
If we want to regain the old behavior, this should probably add the
'_setPool', to a _setPoolStack or some such (declared outside of the
macro).

However, removing the nested sets seems acceptable, it just means that
abandoning a set will abandon more tests than before, which seems like
an improvement over the status quo/deallocated instance errors, so i'm
not really going to oppose it, if you want to go this route, or anyone
pushes back against nested sets.