Re: Question about CoreBase

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Question about CoreBase
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 14:26:59 -0400

I figured you'd come in after I wrote that... The problem for CoreBase is that it has to know those internal details regardless of what happens.

On Apr 16, 2017 13:11, "David Chisnall" <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
On 16 Apr 2017, at 17:29, Stefan Bidigaray <stefanbidi@gmail.com> wrote:

> The way I understand ARC in libobjc2, it simply increments the pointer-sized integer in the object header.

Note: This is an implementation detail of libobjc2 and not part of the public interface.  Please use objc_retain, rather than relying on this directly, as it may change in future versions (I have some plans to use the top bits of the class pointer for a refcount on 64-bit platforms).

David