Re: Tooltips problem on Gnome 3

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Tooltips problem on Gnome 3
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:28:59 +0100

Hi,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
I just tried on WindowMaker amd64, where a combination which usually worked fine. At least, trusty WIndowMaker.

I have slight issues with tooltips: Instead of displaying I get a window-bounce of the app-icon, meaning some kind of alert, focus change happened. Then if I move the mouse slightly on the target (a button, thus big enough) the ToolTIp appears and look as customary. Very strange. I will test on onther Windowmaker computers, including plain x86.

On FreeBSD/x86 it works fine.

On NetBSD/amd64 it doesn't work fine, as on OpenBSD/amd64 I need to move the mouse to make it visible. Actually, something stranger happens. At first, the popup window appears, but is black and there icon in the app-icon of windowmaker disappears, it becomes grey, as soon as I slightly move the mouse, the correct yellow popup appears and also the icon appears again. It look like something gets corrupted.

I need to test on another x86 machine, possibly NetBSD and check the behaviour!

Riccardo