Re: new crash: TalkSoup startup

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: new crash: TalkSoup startup
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 13:14:31 +0100

Am 16.12.2016 um 17:19 schrieb Ivan Vučica:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 10:29 PM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de
> <mailto:fredkiefer@gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     That removes he biggest issue that has been blocking a new GUI
>     release. I hope to find time to look into the others over the weekend.
>

> I did not get the impression that the patches you have in queue are
> blockers for a release; I've no problem with waiting, just let me know
> when I should try to find some block of time to make myself useful by
> cutting a release.
>
> What sort of things are pending release?

I just commited the change I was working on. It fixes a problem that
showed up in GNUmail. There characters were drawn on top of each other.
In the end it turned out that it was the same issue we had some time ago
with the NSControlGlyph, but this time GSAttachmentGlyph was causing it
and of course it. This could have happened for all applications using
attachments in NSAttributedString. From my side the most urgent fixes
should be done now and after more testing we are ready for a release.

Many thanks to Riccardo for spotting all this problems that would have
gone unnoticed otherwise.

Fred