Re: mulle-objc #MakeObjCGreatAgain

From: Steven R. Baker
Subject: Re: mulle-objc #MakeObjCGreatAgain
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 08:43:29 +0100

[snip]

All of this just to say I fear that having a new runtime might not be what is needed to save GNUstep
from oblivion. Now I will just start thinking about what I will do to save it.

I agree with everything you've said here. I share your concerns.

I would like to add an additional concern. I know that LLVM and clang are the new hotness, but they're de facto owned by Apple now. It won't be long before there are new and hot features that are in Apple's own version of LLVM, and it'll be very desirable to depend on these new and hot features.

And then where will we be?

-Steven

Do you have any suggestions?

Edwin Ancaer

Hi 'Steppers,

you might be interested in this: mulle-objc is a new way to run Objective-C code on various platforms, based on a new compiler and a new runtime.

https://mulle-objc.github.io

some more background information is available here:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13042199

regards,

        Lars