Re: Printing not working at all...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Printing not working at all...
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 11:45:06 +0200

Hi Greg,

to me it looks like you change tries to optimise the case where a view gets
printed on a single page. Have you tried to print out a long text document
which spans multiple pages after your change?
All the complicated calculations are in NSPrintOperation.m (specifically in the
method _displayPageInRect:withInfo:knowsPageRange:) and maybe something similar
to your changes is missing there?

Perhaps you could first explain which issue with printing you are trying to
resolve? At the moment it looks to me like your goal is "Print one view on one
page" and this is clearly wrong. But most likely I misunderstand the aim of
your change.

Fred

On the road