Re: Printing not working at all...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Printing not working at all...
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 07:25:35 +0200

Hi Fred,

On 15/07/2016 19:48, Fred Kiefer wrote:
The font name issue should be resolved as well. Now we should go back to Greg's
original issue. He uses cairo and cups, which is the setup I am using myself.
And here the generation of a PS file works, with all the known limitations.

I had time only for a quick test: I will test better next week.
I get a PS file which is no longer invalid and GS displays it, however for whatever font I print, I seem to get the same generic substitution font. I will do more specific tests and report back with the PS files.

We have apparently very different issues related to printing, I think we didn't test it for quite a while, since it never worked that well and now we discover issues with different configurations.

Riccardo