Re: piStep Development Project

From: Adam S
Subject: Re: piStep Development Project
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 00:52:02 +0100

From:Liam Proven
Date:Fri, 25 Mar 2016 12:48:29 +0100

Liam,
This is admittedly 3-months old now, i'll confess I missed it the first time around but having read it felt it needed responding to.  So... Open-Source development works how I want it to, or how anyone wants it to for that matter.  It's open-source, the development process works to whatever the project and the people involved need and choose to work to.  And following on from this, contrary to your second point, the "process" fits with how we need it to.  I'm actually annoyed by that comment - I won't be "learning to fit in" with anything- I expect flexibility from people and process, end of.  As it happens the project is progressing nicely as we're doing it our way, rather than try to conform to something else and wait 3000 years for people to stop arguing about their preferences vs other peoples.

On 20 March 2016 at 18:04

Adam, I commend your enthusiasm, but you don't seem to really grasp
how open-source development works. You need to learn to fit in with
how things are done or all your publicity and energy will be futile
and a waste of effort.