Re: Questions about a Couple of Defaults

From: Bertrand Dekoninck
Subject: Re: Questions about a Couple of Defaults
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 16:34:43 +0200

Hi,
Le 04/06/2016 14:12, Charles Philip Chan a écrit :
Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard.frith-macdonald@brainstorm.co.uk>
writes:

Hi Richard:

I don't know offhand what the names of the defaults are, but I expect
the simplest and safest way to tweak things in a theme would be use
Thematic.app rather than adjusting defaults after the theme has
loaded.  Unless of course GWorkspace is setting its own colors rather
than using standard ones (in which case there may not be any defaults
available).

The first thing that I tried is with Themetic. However, I can't seem to
change colours. This is what I did:

(1) Load the theme.

(2) Clicked on the "Colour Wheel" icon to bring up the "Color
     Inspector".

(3) Double click on an element in the list, but nothing happens.

Charles

At (3), when clicking on an element of the list, the color chooser should open and then you can select a new color. You will need to save the theme (then Thematic creates a backup theme) and then relaunch GWorkspace (or reload the theme in the "About..." panel) so that it uses the updated theme.

You can test on "alternateSelectedControlColor" and "highlightedTableRowBackgroundColor". Search trough the list for all the items that have this colour.

I modified the latter in Rik.theme because the highlight color of rows in list views wasn't the same as in browserviews.

Bertrand Dekoninck