Re: piStep Development Project

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: piStep Development Project
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 18:52:44 -0400

Svetlana,

On Saturday, April 9, 2016, Svetlana A. Tkachenko <svetlana@members.fsf.org> wrote:
> Email is very good I think, but lacks the interactive part which is of
> use for direct communication. IRC is not a proposable solution, it is
> blocked in most corporate environments.

We have many web clients now, glowing bear, nirc, kiwiirc, qwebirc,
thelounge, quassel-web, some of which require setup on server...

I believe this discussion about slack is useless. They are an independent project and can make their own decisions.  Unlike us they are not under the umbrella of the FSF.  Further, they can enable an irc gateway to allow you to use a free client with slack.

So... I'm not certain what all of the fuss is about.

--
Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Member of the Free Software Foundation