Re: [Q] PDFKit detection of GWorkspace Inspector configure at MSYS2/MING

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Q] PDFKit detection of GWorkspace Inspector configure at MSYS2/MINGW32
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:33:20 +0100

Hi,

Wolfgang Lux wrote:
You could temporarily switch the language around the AC_LINK_IFELSE test in
aclocal.m4 using AC_LANG_PUSH([Objective C]) before the AC_LINK_IFELSE test and
AC_LANG_POP([Objective C]). However, as this will also switch the test to using
the variables OBJC and OBJCFLAGS instead of CC and CFLAGS, respectively, you
might not want to do this.

why not? theoretically those should be the variables also used when actually building the project

>I believe this test is done in a macro and the output file auto-generated.
>
>Files with obj-c content should be indeed called .m, apparently it helps
>the compiler to select the correct mode.
>
>I'd gladly improve that.
Regarding the link order issue, which seems to be the real problem here, it
would help to just include `gnustep-config --gui-libs` in the LIBS definition
rather than in LDFLAGS. I've just committed this change.

Nice, thank you. Looks fine.

Seong, does it work for you, help you? I do not have PDFKit on Windows nor on NetBSD becasue I am unable to compile it there, thus I can't test the fix right now.

Riccardo