Re: Questions

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Questions
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:37:48 +0100

Hi,

On 02/26/16 01:02, Svetlana A. Tkachenko wrote:
I am learning GNUStep platform for a few months now but low activity on
IRC is completely killing everything.

IIRC is not the best place to "learn".. perhaps more to interact with people, have a chat without using proprietary tools like Skype and so on. It is not very attended by many anymore. When I was a student I was there every day :)

- I would like to store, view, and search documentation offline, but I
do not know whether http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/docbook.html is
the format helpviewer.app reads or it reads a different one.

The Foundation and AppKit documentations are quite nicely done with autogsdoc and they can be generated and installed locally. Exactly the same stuff that is from time to time updated and put on the website. That is, very compatible HTML easily browsable in a browser, including minimal browsers.
You can even "almost" use SWK+Vespucci.
Debian should perhaps ship them as doc packages ? Are you using debian packages for GNUstep? from your point below I infer yes.

- ProjectCenter.app crashes on Debian and nobody is uploading a new
version there.

I suppose you use the debian packaged version? Which one is it? The last released version is 0.6.2 where I tried to fix many crashes.
Are you on 64 bit? in case perhaps I can offer you a packport of a patch.
If you are running *latest release* then a bug report is useful.
If Debian doesn't update complain to them and check if there is a good reason.

Riccardo