Re: libdispatch-gnustep/libdispatchgs-etoilé vs libdispatch0

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: libdispatch-gnustep/libdispatchgs-etoilé vs libdispatch0
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 11:39:17 +0000

On 31 Jan 2016, at 23:52, Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed.  Niels is correct. I thought at one point libdispatch was working
> without the need for a modified libBlocksRuntime, but after some testing it
> appears I'm incorrect.

It will sometimes work.  It depends on which implementation of _Block_copy and
friends the runtime linker decides to pick.  If it picks the one in libobjc2,
everything is fine.  Otherwise, it is broken.

I thought that we’d modified libBlocksRuntime on FreeBSD to use weak symbols
for various things, but it looks as if we didn’t and are just lucky with the
link order...

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine