Re: Installation issues debian 8.2

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Installation issues debian 8.2
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 12:32:31 +0000

Thanks!

(I will assume not posting to the mailing list was unintentional?)

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016, 12:10 Bertrand Dekoninck <bertrand.dekoninck@gmail.com> wrote:
I was quite surprised to have this configuration. But it's quite comfortable now. I don't want to go back to /user/local. And I discover the use of "GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN=", which I use a lot to compile my own stuff. All is now in /GNUstep or in ~/GNUstep. Clear. In debian, I had things in /usr/lib/GNUstep (Windowmaker stuff by the distribution), /usr/share/GNUstep, /usr/local/GNUstep

I had to touch .profile because I have GWorkspace in Windowmaker's autostart file and because I want  GNUstep applications in WMaker's appmenu. bashrc doesn't help here.
Bertrand

Bertrand:

Correct! I intentionally installed things into /GNUstep to separate the GNUstep system from the rest of the base system. If you wish to install things in the expected places, small change to the main script (the one with spaces in its name) should be enough: just specify these outside the WITH_DEB==1 check:

export GSU_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
export GSU_SYSTEM_TOOLS=${GSU_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin
export GSU_LAYOUT=fhs

Also, I just verified, and the need to set up ld.so.conf.d is documented in README.md, and so is the need to touch .bashrc. (Perhaps I should update it to say .profile instead, but yeah...)