Re: Plans for ahead

From: James Carthew
Subject: Re: Plans for ahead
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 10:47:01 +0000

Window maker doesn't play well with GNUstep...It only works if you want to use GNUstep as a Next desktop environment. When running with Windows menustyle or Macintosh menustyle it's completely broken. GNUstep needs a GNUstep window manager which will allow you to switch between those menu styles in a sane and consistent manner.

On 2 December 2015 at 23:42, Svetlana A. Tkachenko <svetlana@members.fsf.org> wrote:
> Window maker sucks, it does not play nice with gnome/kde apps, its too
> outdated I guess it does not follow the open desktop standards..

I do not know about standards, but wmaker has been the nicest window
manager I used thus far. I do not want to put effort into changing it
just for the sake of singing along with gnome or kde nicely. I wrote a
new thread on this list about this question.

--
Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Member of the Free Software Foundation