Re: projectcenter launch error Windows10

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: projectcenter launch error Windows10
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 11:01:36 +0100

Hi,

James d'Authreau wrote:
I uninstalled everything and reinstalled them. Same problem.  I compared the
windows 7 and 10 installations, all the dll's seemed to be there.  Crucially
the folder gnustep in c:\users\myusername\gnustep   was not there on the
windows 10 version. In the vain hope that a copy and paste job would work I
tried this, but sadly not. I tried the new installer, but again no folder is
created. Just a thought the windows 7 was 64bit  and windows 10 is 32bit. Is
the installer for projectcenter etc only 64 bit?

I don't know about windows 10, but I use gnustep(32bit) on windows 7 64bit and at least executables are known to run fine also in windows 8 64bit. So on 7 & 8 the subsystem 32bit is fine.

the folder you mention should be created only when an application runs and needs to store defaults, before it is not there. It is not created by the installer.

does your username contain spaces?
You should have your username inside the "home" directory inside gnustep, is it there?

Riccardo