Re: NeXT GNU Homage Project Work

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: NeXT GNU Homage Project Work
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 20:24:44 +0000

On 15 Nov 2015, at 16:38, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:

> NetBSD is quite a lot more primitive than Linux. E.g. Linux (and only
> Linux) has graphical acceleration on RasPi

This is not true.  We have working 3D on FreeBSD with the RPi.  The code for
the 3D accelerator on the RPi 2 was just updated:

http://kernelnomicon.org/?p=565

Binary snapshot images are available:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Raspberry%20Pi

Packages aren’t yet in the official location, but they are being built and you
can run poudriere to build them yourself.

David
(FreeBSD Core Team member who works in the same building as the RPi team)