Re: GNUStep pre-compiled SD Card

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUStep pre-compiled SD Card
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 14:50:08 +0100

Hi,

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
I also tried installing the rasspbian package for the WindowMaker mindow
manager which, while not GNUstep, does at least provide a consistent look.
Unfortunately it seems to draw icons incorrectly on my display, so may not be
worth bothering with.

I tried WindowMaker on my Raspberry PI too... it actually works quite fine. Only the "first" time a GS app starts, the application icon is drawn incorrectly. Further launches look fine.

This reminds me that we have a similar poblem on "normal" platorms too, it is just less noticed.
The first start is nto the "gnustep" icon, but just the standard X11 icon.
For example, if you start a battery monitor or a system laod monitor, if it is the first app ever to be started up in your session it will display the application icon, not the battery level. If you quit and relaunch it will work fine.

is that what you are experiencing?

Riccardo