Re: Problems building gnustep-base on Ubuntu Linux with clang/llvm-3.7

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Problems building gnustep-base on Ubuntu Linux with clang/llvm-3.7
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 17:23:57 +0100

On 28 Sep 2015, at 17:18, David Lobron <dlobron@akamai.com> wrote:

> The above line appears under the "Cache variables" section in the config.log.
>  I do not have a cache file in my build tree, so I don't think I'm picking up
> an obsolete value.  Do you know how this variable would be set in a correct
> configuration?  I Googled around for it, but I could not find any mention of
> it.  Just as a guess: could this be because I'm compiling with clang, rather
> than gcc?  You mentioned above that the ObjectiveC2 subproject is meant to
> provide a runtime to older versions of the GCC runtime, and in fact I was
> able to build this codeline with gcc (4.6).

It sounds as if the configure script is not picking up the new runtime (and is
picking up a libobjc from a gcc install).  Where did you install it?

On Ubuntu, we’ve had some issues here because the clang package depends on
gcc-objc (for no good reason), which pulls in the gcc runtime.  Force
uninstalling it helps.

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620