Re: base fails to build - exception problem

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: base fails to build - exception problem
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 11:12:06 +0200

Hi,

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
Those flags should have nothing to do with variable visibility.  The most
likely problem is with the wrong runtime being found in one of those cases.
So you should look at the -I flags saying where the header files are found.
For instance, -I/home/multix/GNUstep/Library/Headers might be pointing to
different objc headers (it’s not mentioned in the check at configure time).
I ended up removing libobjc2. I couldn't get it to work with gcc.

I think the test you introduced in base will always cause a warning. Does it work for you?

I tested on another machine, just to be sure. Even if I pass the same LDFLAGS, I will get an mismatch. Tested for now on two computers.

I copy here the paths I get from the warning

1) -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib -L/Local/Library/Libraries -L/Local/Library/Libraries -L/System/Library/Libraries
2) -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib -shared-libgcc

- gnustep path gets added in base
- in make, -shared-libgcc is said to be used, but I did not specify it, so it must have been added automatically

I don't know if it is worth getting this test to work.

Riccardo