Re: Status of GNUstep

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Status of GNUstep
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 11:24:37 +0100

On 5 Jul 2015, at 11:06, James Carthew <jcarthew@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does GNUstep have a status page similar to:
> http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/FeatureMatrix/
> Which outlines the current API status of GNUstep in relation to
> NextStep/Cocoa APIs? I haven't been able to locate anything like this and I
> think it would help to give people a better overview of where the project is
> at.

No, and it’s quite difficult to do.  We can automatically extract the list of
methods that exist for classes in GNUstep vs Cocoa, but some methods in GNUstep
are stubs or do not have complete functionality.  Some are more subtle (for
example, GNUstep’s NSTableView does not yet allow the delegate to use views
instead of cells) and even more difficult to automatically extract.  Generally,
features are implemented when someone needs them.

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103