CC value setting different from base to gui

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: CC value setting different from base to gui
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 15:00:03 +0200

Hi,

I want to use a different compiler than "default system cc", thus I configured make this way:

$ ./configure --with-layout=gnustep --prefix=/ CC=egcc CXX=eg++ LDFLAGS=-Wl,-R/usr/local/li

I install gnustep-make, source my GNUstep.sh script and the configure base simply by issuing "./configure".

I get this output:
checking for gcc... egcc
<...>
checking whether egcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking how to run the C preprocessor... egcc -E

this proofs that the setting is carried on as expected. Fine.

Then I go to gui and issue "./configure", I see:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed

I think this is a bug, since gnustep-make settins should be inherited. Why is it done for base and not gui? gnustep-back also doesn't use the set compiler, only base.

Sure, I can pass every time a command line to configure, but this is suboptimal. Mixing compilers is not good and if configure is smart for -base, it should be in -gui and -back too!

Riccardo