Re: GDL2 compilation errors

From: Edwin Ancaer
Subject: Re: GDL2 compilation errors
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 08:29:50 +0200

Seems that I had 2 versions of GDL2. And I used the wrong one.
My apologies David, for the unnecessary questions.

I used github to download my most recent version of GDL2, and indeed, everything went OK.

In the downloads, I seem to use github and svn: is there a problem in mixing applications from both systems?

Is there a recommanded place to do the downloads if you do not develop GNUstep, but just use it for programming?

Am 30.04.2015 um 15:42 schrieb Edwin Ancaer:

> Hello
>
> I just downloaded GDL2, and tried to compile it (I'm using Clang 3.4, and libobjc2).
> I got the following compilation errors:
>
> EOGenericRecord.m:1526:19: error: incomplete definition of type
>       'struct objc_class'
>   size = selfClass->instance_size;
>
> EOGenericRecord.m:1622:26: error: incomplete definition of type
>       'struct objc_class'
>       size += objectClass->instance_size;

Strange. What sources are you using? A release tarball or something from SVN? I did a compile of GDL2 from SVN trunk just some days ago on FreeBSD 10.1 without any hickups. But the compiler in use was Clang 3.5 (from FreeBSD ports).

> Edwin Ancaer

regards,

        Lars