Re: I do use GWorkspace...

From: Luis Garcia Alanis
Subject: Re: I do use GWorkspace...
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 01:22:26 -0700

I also use GWorkspace :)

I also agree that GS needs a decent theme :)

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Bertrand Dekoninck <bertrand.dekoninck@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm a new subscriber to this list, even if I've read it almost daily for years. Fred Kiefer's last message was the reason why I originally subscribed.

I'm not a developper and quiet new in objc programming. I've begun to learn it as a hobby because GWorkspace is my main desktop and I wanted to change it a little.

I'm also creating a little icon theme to use with it, because I'm not very found of the ones used in GNUstep (sorry guys...) and because I wanted something to fit with the Rik.theme, and also with icons I use for gnome apps.

For now, I've made a two liners patch to GWorkspace to change the default color of labels on the Desktop, because I wanted them to be white (as in the ThinkDark theme of Riccardo Mottola), and only them. I'd like to know if it will be possible to code this in a gnustep theme like Rik ?

In the same spirit, is it possible to assign in a gnustep theme alternative icons for applicationsĀ  and fileicons ?

Just to say, I really want to thank everyone in this community for their work on GNUstep. I've found multiples tutorials from you on the internet to learn objc, and it is really nice.

Bertrand Dekoninck